a little bit about me...
I was born and raised in Wheeling, WV but left for a little while to pursue dreams in New York City, Los Angeles and Philadelphia. After a number of years living far from my family, the country roads called me back home. In February of 2017, I said goodbye to big city life and eagerly returned home to the hills of wild and wonderful West Virginia. There's no place like home.
- I have a rescue schnoodle named Teddy who used to model pet products for Free People. His "Blue Steel" is spot on.
- My favorite movie is Amelie.
- I went to film school at NYU and interned at Saturday Night Live way back in 1999. I had a huge crush on Will Ferrell who was a cast member then.
- Some of my guilty pleasures are marshmallow Fluff, John Mayer, TLC's Wife Swap.
- When I was a kid we circled our holiday toy wishes in giant catalogs, and the internet didn't exist.
I photograph people, places and things of all sorts, but families are my favorite. I love to hang out with a family and make pictures of the love that I witness. Posing people is not my thing, and honestly, who wants photographs that are unnatural and uncomfortable? When I document a typical day, it''s a relaxed and fun time. In fact, you'll probably forget that I have my camera after about an hour.
In addition to making pictures, I also create pottery. You can see my ceramics work here.